Building on the success of the Tarte CC MATTE be MATTEnificent Palette that was introduced last year, this year Tarte is offering us a new, really breathtaking treat, the Tarte Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette. The shape and size of the packaging resemble that of CC Matte, however, now we have 12 eyeshadow shades, instead of 6. This is a perfect matte eyeshadow palette that appears to be organized, so that each row features 4 shades from light to dark that could be used to create a certain look. Of course, that does not mean that you cannot mix and match all the shades as you please.
I like the simple, yet sophisticated look of the packaging, and especially the convenience of all shade names printed inside the palette right below each color. The tarte logo is etched on all 12 shades. All shade are highly pigmented and the 3 lighter shades are perfect for highlighting the inner corner of the eye and right below the brow bone. The color range goes from light beige to the darkest black. All eyeshadows are natural toned, which makes them perfect for all seasons, and all looks, day or night. The shades appear to be more on a cool, rather than warm, side. All colors are highly pigmented and offer from medium sheer to opaque coverage. Thy have a soft and silky texture and mostly blend well. Here is a list of the 12 eye-shadow colors included in the palette:
- Free Spirit – a very light beige, almost milky color; it has warm undertones and is very pigmented.
- Force of Nature – a medium latte brown color; it has warm undertones and is very pigmentation.
- Dreamer – an earth-tone brown color; it has warm yellow undertones and is very pigmented.
- Multi-Tasker – a deep brown color; it has warm undertones and a very good pigmentation.
- Caregiver – a light powdery pink color; it has subtle cool undertones and a very good pigmentation.
- Natural Beauty – one of my most favorite colors in the entire palette; a balanced combination of light pink and taupe, all in one; it has warm undertones and a superb pigmentation.
- Best Friend – a medium toned, dusty purple color; it has cool undertones an even, and slightly patchy pigmentation.
- Bombshell – a dark dusty purple; it has a cool undertone, easily blendable and is very pigmented.
- Super Mom – a very light, almost milky white beige color; it has warm undertones a nice, opaque pigmentation.
- Wandere – a light to medium clay brown color; it has warm undertones and a very nice pigmentation.
- Power Player – another favorite color of mine; this medium intensity dusty taupe brown is a perfect shade to tie warm and cool shades together; it has a warm undertone, semi opaque finish and a good pigmentation.
- Fashionista – a deep black color; it is intensely pigmented, so that a little goes a long way. Perfect for adding more dimension and dramatic finishing touches to your look.