Just released and (temporarily?) sold out Naked 3 eyeshadow palette from Urban Decay has been introduced at a perfect time. If you want to make an Urban Decay Naked 2 fan thrilled, give them a gift of Naked 3 these holidays. Also, just in time to use the $20 VIB gift coupon, it ended up costing 40% less its original price, which is a deal far greater than one could get with a November 20% VIB discount. Those of you who love and prefer the packaging of Naked 2 over Naked, will be happy to discover that Naked 3 has the same tin box and layout at Naked 2. Now they are starting to look like collection. I personally did not like the cardboard packaging of Naked, but judging from beauty blogger videos, other people did. So, it is entirely a matter of personal preference, but I am glad that I got the Naked 3 in a packaging similar to Naked 2.
Included in the set are 12 eyeshadows, of which are 5 matte eyeshadows and 7 are shimmer ones. All eyeshadows have a rosy undertone to them, which almost completely disappears after applied to skin. The eyeshadows have a rich pigmented texture and look great when blended together or applied alone. I tried blending matte and shimmer eyeshadows and was very pleased with the results. Applied over UD Eyeshadow Primer, these eyeshadows stayed fresh for more than 8 year hours without any creasing. I liked all colors, matte and glitter ones alike. I think, glitters canbe used alone for a striking evening look or blended with matching mattes at highlights. The classy rosy gold nude shades of palette make it equally suitable both as day and evening wear. Overall, I am very happy with this purchase and will be using this palette often.
Here’s a list of all 0.05 oz eyeshadows included in the palette:
- Strange (pale neutral pink matte-satin)
- Dust (pale metallic pink shimmer w/iridescent micro-glitter)
- Burnout (light pinky-peach satin), Limit (light dusty rose matte)
- Buzz (metallic rose shimmer w/silver micro glitter)
- Trick (light metallic pinky-copper shimmer w/tonal micro sparkle)
- Nooner (medium pinky-brown matte)
- Liar (medium metallic mauve shimmer)
- Factory (pinky-brown satin)
- Mugshot (metallic taupe shimmer w/slight pink shift)
- Darkside (deep taupe-mauve satin)
- Blackheart (smoky black matte w/rosy red micro sparkle)
None of the above shadows are sold separately or included in any of the previously introduced Urban Decay sets, including the luxurious and biggest ever holiday 2013 “The Mother Lode” set. Also, included in the box are double-ended brush and 4 x 0.025 oz Eyeshadow Primer Potion sample packets.