Dior 796 Cuir Cannage 5 Color Palette has been introduced this fall as part of Dior Fall 2014 beauty line. A stunning set of 5 rich neutrals from creamy beige to sumptuous burgundy brown, these shades have a great consistency and pigmentation. Also, the colors blend evenly and are very easy to apply. You can effortlessly build up the color intensity, which is a great plus, because this universality makes this palette suitable both for daytime and evening wear. I also love the shimmery pearly sheen of the shades, which looks especially dramatic in a dull fall and winter daylight or a dim evening light.
The palette packaging is nothing different from other Dior 5 Color Palette packagings, except the 3-d looking CD logo on the cover is not there anymore. I don’t know if this change is to the best, because, with that logo, the packaging looked much more expensive and sophisticated. The eye shadow colors do not have the names, but in order to describe them let’s name them Cuir Cannage Color 1-5:
- Cuir Cannage Color 1 (top left) – shimmer shade; a beautiful combination of plum and brown with a medium intensity and pearly sheen; it has a warm undertone and is well pigmented.
- Cuir Cannage Color 2 (top right) – shimmer shade; a light milky beige with warm golden undertone; it has a slightly metallic sheen and is well pigmented; the consistently is pretty even and buildable; this shade is perfect for using as a highlight for the inner corner of the eye and below the brow bone.
- Cuir Cannage Color 3 (middle) – matte shade; a medium intensity beige-brown; the choice of this shade for the palette is really interesting, because it is the only matte shade among the shimmer shades; it has a very good pigmentation.
- Cuir Cannage Color 4 (bottom left) – shimmer shade; a beautiful medium intensity antique gold shade; it has a warm undertone and a pearly soft texture; it blends well and has a good pigmentation.
- Cuir Cannage Color 5 (bottom right) – satin shade; a gorgeous shade of dark dusty plum; it has a warm undertone and a semi opaque intensity; it is well pigmented and blends very well.