Berkley & Jensen frozen Pacific Cod Fillets, similar to any other frozen fish fillets, can be a very tricky ingredient, if you plan to bake, fry or boil them. Easy to fall apart, they can ruin your dish in seconds. However, I found out that Tefal ActiFry pan is the perfect way to enjoy your frozen fish fillet in all their glory.
The Cod and Vegetables Stir Fry recipe that I would like to share with you today is very similar to other stir fry recipes that I already posted here for you. However, this time, I did not use Vegetable oil that goes well with fish, but La Tourangelle Stir Fry Oil, which I recently discovered white ‘treasure hunting’ in a local Home Goods store. What I like about this oil is that it is an expeller-pressed safflower oil (a natural source of linoleic acid, with high potency B6 for energy metabolism) already infused with stir fry onion, garlic and ginger, which adds more flavor to the dish.
Side Note: The safflower oil is made out of a safflower plant. Both the yellow safflower flower and the oil expressed from the seeds are known to be widely used as medicine. Safflower seed oil is a natural product that is known to prevent heart disease, including such conditions as “hardening of the arteries” (aka atherosclerosis) and heart strokes. The wide range of safflower oil uses include treatment of coughs, breathing problems, fever, tumors, clotting conditions, traumatic injuries and pain, including chest pain. Other less common uses include use of safflower oil to induce sweating, as an antiperspirant, laxative, expectorant to help loosen phlegm, and stimulant.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ActiFry spoon of La Tourangelle Stir Fry Oil
- 1 red sweet pepper, thinly chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar snap peas of snow peas
- 3/4 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/2 of a medium carrot, thinly chopped
- 1 cup of cabbage, thinly chopped
- 2 ActiFry spoons of Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 ActiFry spoon of Soy Sauce
- 4 small packs of Berkley & Jensen Pacific Cod fish fillets, cut into small to medium pieces
- fresh cilantro, dill, scallions to taste, thinly chopped
- Wasabi and Spicy mayonnaise to taste as garnish
1. Place the onion and garlic in your ActiFry pan. Drizzle evenly with the Stir Fry oil. Set the timer to 5 minutes and press the turn on button.
3. Add the red sweet pepper, snap peas, carrots, cabbage and vegetable broth to the ActiFry pan and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
4. Add Pacific Cod fish fillets, Stir-Fry Sauce and Soy Sauce to the ActiFry pan and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
5. Open the ActiFry Pan and give your stir fry a good toss, so that all vegetables and fish are evenly coated in sauces and broth.
6. Sprinkle your dish with cilantro, dill and scallions and serve with Wasabi and Spicy mayonnaise to garnish.
And the last piece of advice… mind the ingredients, but cook with your heart!